Wednesday, February 07, 2007

MOMMA, FELIX HAS A HOLD OF MY BRAIN!


I have been thinking a lot these days about how much of what I pay attention to has been influenced by the art that I've seen, and especially the art I've liked. Everyday on my way to work I pass these two dumpsters behind the Sauer's building on Hermitage and everyday I think- they're perfect lovers.

For those who don't know his work, the top image is a pic of a sculpture by Felix Gonzalez-Torres. If you don't know this late artist's work you can check it out here.

He is, without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite artists.

For more about dumpsters and me, go here.

4 comments:

I love you in the face said...

Why do you love him?

I love you in the face said...

ummm...Mikel?

Michael said...

Constance I am lazy but let me just say that it's the concept of the gift in his work that had the biggest impact on me.

How's that?

c dub said...

put that picture on paper