Thursday, August 31, 2006

His Friends Call Him Bill


We're past the Hirshorn but last Saturday's art excursion isn't over yet.

While at the newly renovated National Portrait Gallery/Smithsonian American Art Museum (it's a little too much like being in a gargantuan, brand new hotel lobby in Denver) I came across this green warehouse. I took a picture of it with my brownie. I'm going to show it to my friends Lee and Bill and maybe they'll suggest that I take a 4x5 down to the locale and take a picture of it with one of those. And I think that after I've done that I'll make a version of it- in miniature.

All joking, and jealousy aside William Christenberry's show is really good and even better because it's up until next summer, it's adjacent to the folk art galleries, and there's a little bit of all of his work. I like the small machine processed prints best.

Funny that the day I planned to post this Ataxia's also got a Christenberry post.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is funny. I didn't know about the current show, though.