Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I know I'm dying but does it have to happen now?

I've been sick- nasty sick- for the past few days and as much as I like being at home and all of this creative loafing that I'm doing, still there are two photo grads who have work up at the Anderson that deserves some discussing. I'm going to try to make my way down there, take a few snaps and write a sentence or two. We'll see.

For the time being, I have written my most recent obit (I wrote it Monday actually) and might as well put it here. I'm a big fan of writing my obit whenever I'm sick- it makes the illness fun (and productive).

Richmond, VA Michael Lease, a self-proclaimed artist and intellectual whose work was known for blending the squeamishly personal and the conceptually droll, waxed poetic for the last time this 8th day of May. The cause of death is uncertain but people "close" to the deceased point to his new-found penchant for salted pork products, and alienating divey take-out Chinese restaurants as the likely cause. Michael leaves countless bewildered friends and family, scores of disgruntled colleagues, buckets of joyful adversaries, and many smug ex-girlfriends who now plan to sue his estate on the grounds of their having been included, without their permission, in his installation "Posthumous".

No comments: