Wednesday, February 07, 2007

MOMMA, FELIX HAS A HOLD OF MY BRAIN!


I have been thinking a lot these days about how much of what I pay attention to has been influenced by the art that I've seen, and especially the art I've liked. Everyday on my way to work I pass these two dumpsters behind the Sauer's building on Hermitage and everyday I think- they're perfect lovers.

For those who don't know his work, the top image is a pic of a sculpture by Felix Gonzalez-Torres. If you don't know this late artist's work you can check it out here.

He is, without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite artists.

For more about dumpsters and me, go here.

4 comments:

no said...

Why do you love him?

no said...

ummm...Mikel?

Michael said...

Constance I am lazy but let me just say that it's the concept of the gift in his work that had the biggest impact on me.

How's that?

Anonymous said...

put that picture on paper