Friday, May 18, 2007

Anonymous III


Thanks to Travis Fullerton I (along with 100 other artists) will have work in Anonymous III at the Flashpoint Gallery in DC . Anonymous is a fundraiser for the WPA/C. Here's the blurb:
The third installment of WPA\C's incognito fundraiser show: 10 artist curators each create a 24" x 24" piece and select 9 more artists to do the same. The resulting 100 artworks are then hung with no artist identification, and all sold for the same price. Only after a piece is purchased is the name of the artist revealed.
Curators: Seth Adelsberger, Iona Rozeal Brown, Cynthia Connolly, Travis Fullerton, Ian Jehle, Ledelle Moe, Michael Platt, Noelle Tan, Alessandra Torres, and Heide Trepanier.
I'd post what I'm showing but it's supposed to be ANONYMOUS so I can't- I want people to confuse my work with Cece Cole's.

I don't know the majority of the people involved but I do know (or know of): George Allen, Cynthia Connolly, Kathryn Cornelius, Tim Devoe, Suzanna Fields, Pamela Fox, Travis Fullerton, Madeline Hoch, Matthew Lively, Ledelle Moe, Diego Sanchez, Heide Trepanier, and Bruce Wilhelm. I've not googled everyone but of the people that I have, most have their own websites and so far, of the random names I like Emily Barletta's work.

Here's her piece Spill:


I will post all the names when the WPA/C does- I am not typing them all in, I have to eat my dinner (that's the same reason I didn't hyperlink all the names listed above.)

No comments: